|1||Name||Dr. L. FRANCIS RAJ|
|3||Experience in numbers||19 years and 6 month|
|4||Job Title and Responsibilities||Assistant Professor of Mathematics|
|5||About Yourself||Dr. L.Francis Raj did B.Sc, M.Sc, M.Phil, PGDCA and Ph.D in Mathematics. He has vast teaching experience of nearly 19 years. He has participated in various International and National conferences and had presented research papers in various places. He worked 2 ½ years as a Guest Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics, Government College(Autonomous) Kumbakonam later he worked 3 ½ years as a Resource person and 10 years as a Assistant Professor(Senior) in the School of Advanced Sciences in VIT University, Vellore. He served as a NCC Officer in the rank of Lieutenant in VIT University and completed Captain training programme in Officer Training Academy, Kamptee Nagpur, Maharashtra. His area of specialization is Queueing Models.|
|7||Professional memberships and activities||Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics was elected as a Life Member|
|9||Activities||1. Participated in two days Faculty Development Programme on “PEDAGOGY” Conducted by the Academic Staff College of Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore on 27th and 28th /February 2004.
2. Participated in two days seminar by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chennai, Government of India Ministry of Human Resource Development “Quality Improvement Programme” VIT University, Vellore on 19th and 20th May 2005.
3. Participated two days National Seminar on Stochastic Process and its applications – Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu during March 15th and 16th 2007.
4. Participated 3 days International Conference on Stochastic Modelling (ICSM09)- Alagappa University Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu during February 12th to 14th 2009.
5. Participated 3 days Faculty Development Programme conducted Academic Staff College. VIT University, Vellore during 9-11 February 2009.
6. Participated 3 days National Conference on Mathematical Modelling -2009 – Annamalai University Chidambaram. Tamil Nadu during 26th to 28th March 2009.
7. Attended Faculty Development Programme conducted 7 Day Short Term Course on “ Basic Engineering Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, & Graph Theory” held during 6th – 13th July 2009, organized by Mathematics Division of School of Advanced Sciences, VIT University, Vellore.
8. Attended One day Faculty Development Programme on “Wavelet Analysis” held on October 15, 2009 organized by Mathematics Division of School of Advanced Sciences, VIT University, Vellore.
9. Attended Two Day International Summit on “Global Trends in Higher Education and Challenges” held on 28th and 29th November 2009 organized by School of Advanced Sciences, VIT University, Vellore.
10. Attended National Seminar on “Applications of Hidden Markov Models In Engineering Fields” Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu during 23rd April 2010.
11. Attended One day Work Shop on “Overview of Mathematics for Education and Research” held on 8th October 2010, at VIT University Vellore-14.
12. Participated two days National Conference on Advances in Mathematical Sciences, Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh during March 28th and 29th 2011.
13. Attended One day Work shop on “Writing Research articles using LaTeX” on 8th April 2011, at VIT University Vellore-14.
14. Attended One day Seminar On Advances in “Fluid Dynamics” Organized by Fluid Dynamics Division, School of Advances Sciences, on 25th September 2011, at VIT University, Vellore-14.
15. Attended Four days Faculty Development Programme on “Probability and Statistics for Engineers” organized by School of Advanced Sciences, during 2nd July-5th July, 2012 at VIT University, Vellore 14.
16. Attended Two days Faculty Development Programme conducted “Teaching Mathematics” held at VIT University Vellore on 8th and 9th July, 2013.
17. Attended 7 days Faculty Development Programme conducted “MATLAB” held at School of Advanced Sciences, VIT University, Vellore from 14th to 20th May and 1st July 2014.
18. Participated State Level Conference on “Mathematical Analysis and Applications” held on 14th September 2015, at K.M.G. College of Arts & Science, Gudiyattam, Vellore District.
19. Participated Seminar on “MATLAB AND ITS APPLICATIONS’ Organized by Department of Mathematics, Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore-115.
20. Attended UGC-Autonomous funded International Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics on 29th January 2017 held at Islamiah College(Autonomous), Department of Mathematics, Vaniyambadi.
21. Participated International conference on Mathematical Applications in Mathematical Application in Engineering and Technology (ICMA-2017) Organised by PG and Research Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur on 27th and 28th of January, 2017.
22. Participated in the International Conference on Advances in Mathematical Sciences (ICAMS) held at VIT, Vellore during December 1-3, 2017.
23. Participated in the National Level Seminar on “INVENTIVE SCENARIO IN MODERN MATHEMATICS” (NSISMM-2018) Organized by PG and Research Department of Mathematics, Voorhees College, Vellore held on 08th March 2018.
24. Participated State Level Seminar on “Mathematical Analysis and Applications-2018” (MATH 2018) to be held on 24th August 2018, at K.M.G. College of Arts & Science, Gudiyattam, Vellore District.
|10||Research Activities||Area of research : Queueing Models with an Applications
Title of Ph.D thesis : TRANSIENT ANALYSIS OF QUEUES WITH PRESENCE AND ABSENCE OF THE CATASTROPHE
|11||Publications||1. L. Francis Raj, A. Nagoor Gani and A. Edward Samuel “Fuzzy Transportation Problems with Mixed Constraints” Acta Ciencia Indica Mathematics Vol. XXXVIII M, No.2 (2012) Page No. 235-240.
2. L. Francis Raj, R. Sudhesh “Computational Analysis of Stationary and Transient Distribution of Single server queue with Working Vacation” Springer-Verlag Berlin, Vol. 269, 2012, pp 480 – 489.
3. L. Francis Raj, R. Sudhesh “Stationary and Transient Solution of Markovian Queues – An Alternate Approach”. International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research,(IJMOR) Vol. 5, No. 3, pp 407 – 421, 2013.
4. L. Francis Raj, R. Sudhesh “Exact Transient Solution of M/M/1 queue with Working Vacation.” Mathematical and Computational Models (ICMCM ’11), Narosa Publishing House, pp 87 – 95.
5. L. Francis Raj, R. Sudhesh “Transient Solution of Markovian Queues- An Alternate Approach.” (ISBN 978-81-909853-0-7) 2011, pp 86 – 90.
6. L. Francis Raj, R. Sudhesh “Transient Solution of finite Birth and Death process via Hessenberg determinants.” ISBN 978-93-85126-14-7.
7. L. Francis Raj, R. Sudhesh “An exact Solution of Birth and Death processes with state and time dependent rates.” ISBN 978-93-85126-14-7.
8. L. Francis Raj “A Non Markovian Retrial Queueing system with modified extended vacations under Bernoulli schedule and server breakdowns” International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematical Sciences. ISSN 0972-9828 Volume 10, Number 1 (2017), pp. 123-138.
|12||Contact Details||CELL NO: 94432 94856, 87780 40338
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Department of Botany
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Physics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Tamil
- Department of Zoology
- Student Facilities